Culture Awards – 2018
- 2. 3.
- René Izquierdo received Culture for a large Vanda lamellata var. boxellii with 2 side branches, each with a spike supporting a large number of flowers.
- A large, well-grown Den. aggregatum with 170 flowers was brought in by Victoria Clemente, which also received a Culture Award.
- Chris Houk received Culture for his large, well displayed Oncidium splendidum, supporting 55 flowers from 3 inflorescences.
- 2. 3. 4.
- Dendrobium Jairak Spin x Den. helix brought in by Rossy Ochoa, This large orchid had 11 inflorescences supporting 275 flowers and 58 buds.
- Rossy also received Culture for a Dendrobium mirbelianum x Den. strebloceras, with 7 inflorescences supporting 126 flowers.
- René Izquierdo received a Culture award for a Dendrobium canaliculatum grown on a tree fern plaque. This well-grown orchid had 12 inflorescences displaying 288 flowers and 30 buds.
- David Schaffter received Culture for a large, potted Maxillaria tenebrosa with 112 flowers.
- 2. 3. 4.
AOS Awards and EEOS
- Chris Houk received an Award of Merit of 82 points AM/AOS 82 pts. for Rhycocentrum Ladda Gold and EEOS Medallion Award.
- Chris also received a Certificate of Cultural Merit of 85 points for CCM/AOS 85 pts for Rlc. Joy Sokabe and EEOS Medallion Award.
- Don Bourgoin received Culture for a well-grown, large V. curvifolium.
- Rossy Ochoa received a Culture for a Chiloschista lunifera grown on a cork slab.