AOS Fall Members Meeting – Click here to register. Registration closes on 09/30/2019. (EEOS is a SECURE site.)
October 16 to 20, 2019
Bredren Orchids, Ecuagenera , Gene’s Woodworks, Florida Sun Coast Orchids , Jim-N-I-Orchids, Odom’s Orchids, OFE, Orquideas del Valle, Pelican Coast Farms , Orchids Limited, Just One More Orchid, Victoria Clemente Jewelry, Bactra and Waldor Orchids
Wednesday, October 16, 2019:
- Registration: 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Cove Boardroom)
- Trustees Planning Meeting: 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Marriott Courtyard
- Plant Registration 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at R. F.
- Judges Training/Forum: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Reef II Meeting Room)
- Training Suggestions for Judging Competency – Jean Allen-Ikeson
- OrchidPro – Laura Newton
- Meet & Greet: 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Outdoor Patio)
Thursday, October 17, 2019:
- Registration: 8:00 – 12:00 and 5:00 – 7:00 at the Hampton Inn & Suites (Cove Boardroom)
- Plant Registration: 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon at R. F. Orchids
- East Everglades Orchid Society Show: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at RF Orchids
- Committee Meetings:
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Membership/Marketing, Governance, Finance, Special Funding (Hampton Inn & Suites)
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon: IT, Affiliated Societies, Education, Library/Archives (Hampton Inn & Suites)
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon: Judging Committee (Coral Room – Marriott Courtyard)
- Judges Luncheon: 1:00 p.m. at RF Orchids
- Judges Luncheon bus departs Hampton Inn at 12:30 p.m.; returning 4:30p.m.
- Judging: 2:00 p.m. at RF Orchids
- Cash Prize Awards:
- Best in Show – $500
- Best Specimen – $100
- Most Outstanding Species – $100
- Most Outstanding Hybrid – $100
Friday, October 18, 2019:
- Trustees Meeting: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Marriott Courtyard/Coral Room
- Lunch: Noon to 1:00 p.m. at the Marriott Courtyard
- East Everglades Orchid Show: Open 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at R. F. Orchids
- Bus Tour to Everglades National Park, Alligator Farm and Airboat Ride: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Bus departs Hampton Inn at 10:00 a.m.
- Nominating Committee: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Marriott Courtyard
- Bus to Auction departs Hampton Inn & Suites at 6:00 p.m. returning at conclusion of event
- Auction Preview 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at RF Orchids (refreshments & snacks) [The auction is open to everyone, not just registrants.]
- Auction 7:00 at RF Banyan Pavilion
Saturday, October 19, 2019:
- Town Hall Meeting: 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the Courtyard Marriott (includes “State of the AOS” and Awards Presentations)
- East Everglades Orchid Show: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at R. F. Orchids
- Lecture Series: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at R. F. Orchids Banyan Pavilion
- Speakers discussion culture and growing techniques include Jason Fischer, Andrea Niessen, Tom Kuligowski, (others TBA)
- Banquet: Cocktails 6:00 p.m., Dinner 7:00 p.m. at RF Orchids
- Open bar: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- “Jungle Buffet” Dinner: 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Menu: Whole Roast Pig, Rice & Tropical Mix Bean, Plantains Margarita, Vegetable Medley, Mixed Green Salad, Assorted Rolls and Butter, Flan Cheesecake, Coffee/Tea/Red or White Wine with dinner
- Entertainment: “Meet Tarzan and Jane” Show followed by dancing: 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Bus departs Hampton Inn & Suites at 5:30 p.m., returning at 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 20, 2019:
- East Everglades Orchid Society show: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hampton Inn & Suites: 2855 NE 9 St; Homestead, FL 33033 305-257-7000 – email@example.com
Courtyard by Marriott: 2905 NE 9 St; Homestead, FL 33033 305-257-4333 – firstname.lastname@example.org
East Everglades Orchid Society
American Orchid Society