Why Join an Orchid Club?
A good orchid club should place a great emphasis on equipping and educating its members. It should be able to capture the interest of both the savvy hobbyist and the novice. We know that people come with a wide range of expectations, i.e getting a well-rounded educational experience, meeting other people with the same passion for orchids or increasing their private collection.
East Everglades Orchid Society, offers its members a whole array of benefits. One of the initial reasons our club was formed was to bring people with a common interest together to share their knowledge and encourage others to succeed in their desire of growing healthy orchids. Our society has expanded to include education, show & tell and competition. Social interaction is on the agenda at every one of our meetings. We provide links to related community events, hold our own annual orchid auction and hold an annual orchid show that has become a favorite among experienced hobbyists and novices alike. Anyone who has attended our meeting will testify that we are one of the friendliest societies and that we genuinely have a good time. These events have proven to be a positive experience to everyone involved.
Our Society hosts some of the best speakers available from around the world. We exert great energy into getting the most interesting, knowledgeable, and personable speakers available to present at our monthly meetings. This motivates members to keep learning about new products and care techniques and expands their cultural education about orchids around the world. As a result, new people are drawn to the club who may have an interest in one particular topic any one of our speakers may be presenting.
Finally, as our member’s experience grows, they are given the opportunity to share their successes and help other orchid hobbyists with similar problems.
If these benefits are attractive to you, East Everglades Orchid Society is the orchid club for you!
The East Everglades Orchid Society meets on the FOURTH TUESDAY of each month at 7:30 PM.
Our location is:
University of Florida
Agricultural Extention Building
18710 SW 288 Street
Homestaed, FL 33030
For more information concerning our meetings please contact:
Donna Taylor – firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions concerning the website please contact:
Q. Monthly Ribbon Judging?
The Ribbon Judging is the highlight and most popular part of our meetings. It is an opportunity for members to exhibit their blooming orchids and have them judged by capable judges (some of them are even AOS judges). The results of these judgings are posted here every month.
We also post pictures of the orchids which were awarded Culture ribbons. We recommend taking the time to view these beautiful specimens. Some of these plants are simply spectacular!
At the end of the year, our Judging Committee adds up the points awarded in the previous 11 months and tabulate the results. Winners in every category receive trophies at our Holiday Party. The Overall Results are also posted here.
Just click on the left to select the month you want to see the Judging Results for.
Q. How to contact us?
East Everglades Orchid Society
15220 SW 232 St. Miami, FL 33170
Q.What kind of benefits do you get from being a member?
EEOS Member Benefits and Priviliges:
1. Informative monthly meetings with friendly and encouraging orchid “neighbors” – amateurs, advanced collectors, and commercial growers
2. Welcome Kit, which includes, a personal society I.D. badge, and member roster.
3. Educational presentations by leading local and national orchid authorities
4. Social time and refreshments
5. Exhibit table each month for display of member’s plants. Winning plants are spotlighted and orchidist identified before members
6. Judging each month by qualified regional judges
7. Coupon for free orchid
8. Monthly Newsletter which includes awards given and timely cultural notes
9. Air-conditioned, spacious and conveniently located lecture hall with ample parking area
10. A monthly free raffle ticket for a chance to win an orchid
11. Free admission to our annual Member Holiday Party
12. Year-end Holiday orchid for all members who attend the party
13. Regular information on local orchid-related events
Q. How much does it cost to be a member?
Individual membership $25
Doubles Membership $35
Family Membership $45